On-Campus Housing: 100 McAllister Street, the UC Hastings Tower
Eligibility and Application Procedure
All students admitted to UC Hastings College of the Law are eligible for residency at McAllister Tower.
Due to the limited number of apartments, new students who are interested in residing at McAllister Tower are encouraged to apply immediately following acceptance to UC Hastings. A $300.00 NON-REFUNDABLE processing fee is required to be submitted with the application form. The processing fee will be applied towards first month’s rent when an apartment is assigned. The fee is non-refundable if the student withdraws his or her application.
Online deposits via credit card are accepted on Housing Services, E-Pay website.
Students who complete the application and submit the processing fee will be assigned an apartment in the order that applications are received. Students are encouraged to indicate the size of unit they prefer. Every effort will be made to satisfy the stated preference.
Term of Occupancy
The term of occupancy is from August through May, unless otherwise agreed upon. Further details are provided in the rental agreement. Arrangements may be made for summer occupancy or storage during the summer.
Deposits and Due Dates
- Upon room assignment, students must remit first month’s rent (less $300 non-refundable processing fee).
- If the student does not remit payment by the designated day, the apartment will be reassigned and the $300.00 processing fee will be forfeited.
- Leases will be signed upon arrival at McAllister Tower.
Rent Payment Options
Students may pay their rent online via WebAdvisor in real time each month. Fiscal Services will bill residents via Web Advisor each month. For your convenience, you may use E-Check (no charge) by using your checking account number and bank routing number or credit card (MC, AMEX, or Discover). Payments by credit cards will incur a convenience fee.
- For inquiries on housing, please contact Housing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (415) 557-0985.
- For inquiries regarding billing or WebAdvisor, please contact Fiscal Services at Fiscal@uchastings.edu or by telephone at (415) 565-4704.
Location - 100 McAllister
- McAllister Tower is located within one block of the UC Hastings campus in the Tenderloin/Civic Center District of San Francisco. Within a three block radius of the Tower resides the District Court of Appeals, San Francisco Library, United States District Court, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Superior and Municipal Courts building, and City Hall.
- View an interactive map of the UC Hastings campus and nearby buildings.
- McAllister Tower is also in close proximity to the War Memorial Opera House and the Louise M. Davies Symphony Hall.
- BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) and MUNI (Municipal Railway) are within one block of the Tower and provide easy access to most of San Francisco and the Bay Area.
- McAllister Tower has no parking facility of its own. However, UC Hastings has a 392-stall parking garage at the corner of Larkin Street and Golden Gate Avenue that offers daily as well as monthly rates. City Car Share is also available in the garage. Students are responsible for making their own parking arrangements. Contact Parking Manager Angel Solano at email@example.com or (415) 355-9620.
- The Tower has a security guard on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is recommended that students use good judgment with regard to personal safety when walking in the streets around the building.