Tuition and Fees FAQs
- What charges can be paid online?
Tuition, Fees, and McAllister tower rent.
- How can I make a payment online?
Through WebAdvisor. Select the "Make a Payment" link.
- Is there a fee to pay online?
Not if you pay with E-Check. There is a fee if you pay with a credit card. The fee is a percentage of the amount being paid and is added to your credit card as a separate charge.
- What is an E-Check?
An E-Check is a online Electronic check. You enter your checking account number and bank's routing number to transfer funds from your designated bank account to the College. For your reference you must create and enter a "check" number.
- What is ACH?
ACH is Automated Clearing House and is another term for E-Check.
- Do I need checks to make an E-Check payment?
No. You just need the routing number and bank account number from which the payment will be deducted. You do need to create and enter a "check" number.
- How do I find my routing number and my account number?
At the bottom of each check you will find the 9 digit routing number and the account number. You can also look online or contact your bank for these numbers.
- Does my debit card work like an E-Check?
No. If you use the debit card number imprinted on the front of the card, the transaction will be treated like a credit card transaction and you will pay an additional convenience fee. To avoid paying the fee, use the E-Check option and pay out of the bank account associated with your debit card.
- What type of credit cards are accepted?
American Express, Discover, and Master Card are all accepted.
- Why can’t I use my Visa card to pay?
Visa requires that merchants charge a fixed $ amount convenience fee.
- Can I make a credit card payment at the Office of Fiscal Services?
No. The Office of Fiscal Services is not licensed to accept over-the-counter credit card payments. Paying online with a credit card is a more secure process because no one needs to know your credit card number. Only cash and paper check are accepted in the Office.
- Why is there a convenience fee?
Hastings is providing students with the convenience of paying online and seeing a current, up-to-date balance of their student account. This a very costly service. In an effort to avoid having to raise tuition and fees for all students to cover these costs, a convenience fee is being assessed to the user of the service.
- Are my online credit card payments eligible for rewards?
Not always. Rewards are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuing credit card institution. Consult them for additional information.
- How will I receive my financial aid refund if I pay the balance due with a credit card or E-Check and my financial aid is subsequently credited to my account?
A refund for the amount you paid on your credit card or E-Check will be processed back to the original credit card or E-Check account along with the convenience fee. Any refund due in excess of this amount will be paid via an electronic or paper check.
- How long will it take to receive my refund?
The Office of Fiscal Services processes refunds on Mondays and Thursdays. You will receive an email notice when your refund is ready or has been released to your bank for deposit.
- Will the convenience fee be refundable?
Yes, if the College makes a refund to you for an overpayment of your student account.
- What happens if my credit card is declined?
Try entering your payment information again or try using an E-Check or another credit card. If your card is declined after several attempts contact your issuing bank for additional information.
- What happens if my E-Check is returned for insufficient funds?
A hold will be placed on account, you will incur a $25 returned E-Check fee, and possibly late fees too.
- I need a receipt for my online payment. Where can I get one?
You will receive an email payment confirmation. This serves as your receipt.