UC Hastings will implement a marketing and communications program to broadly communicate its value and build its reputation in the legal and broader community.
- Publicly promote the vision articulated in this Plan.
- Engage a professional public relations firm to work closely with the Communications Department to establish a comprehensive public relations and marketing campaign,create a design standard, craft a branding strategy, target identity and marketing materials, identify and follow-up on press and speaking opportunities.
- Establish resources for faculty on how to reach out and communicate with the media.
- Educate State legislators and the public about the value UC Hastings provides to support democratic values and the public good through our graduates leadership on the bench and bar, in government, and in the non-profit community.
- Develop robust marketing strategies to emphasize the value of a UC Hastings LL.M degree and an MSL degree and to achieve enrollment targets for these programs.
- Develop a consistent look and feel of the campus, enhancing its curbside appeal and reinforcing our identity and brand within the Tenderloin and for all who visit the campus.
- Establish a mascot and slogan that promotes UC Hastings pride and is an easy way for students to identify with each other.
- Alex A.G. Shapiro, Director of Communications & Public Affairs
- Bryan Zerbe, Senior Associate Director of Admissions
- Blaine Bookey, CGRS
- Tyler Cassacia, 2L Student
- Mei Cooley, Global Programs
- Marsha Cohen, Faculty
- Louise Francis, Office of Career and Professional Development
- Amanda Hamilton, 2L Student
- Jan Jemison, LEOP
- Christian Lehrer, Admissions
- Mike Martzke, Media Services
- Beverly Parayno, Institutional Advancement
- Shino Nomiya, Assistant Dean, Institutional Advancement
- Artie Welton, 3L Student