UC Hastings offers three degree programs taught by a world-class faculty with core strengths in public interest law, international law, and law and science.
The UC Hastings academic experience is a world-opening, hands-on immersion in the living law. The three-year J.D. program is taught by some of the most experienced professors in American legal education and, along with many Hastings students, they are passionate advocates for social justice and engaged global citizens. The result is an intellectual community that is as diverse and distinct as San Francisco.
The UC Hastings Difference
Students choose UC Hastings College of the Law because they want a legal education that reflects their values and goals. It is an education that is:
- Real-World: UC Hastings graduates make an immediate impact because they have the practical lawyering skills to be effective in a wide variety of professional roles.
- Global: San Francisco provides a vibrant international setting for a distinctly global curriculum and campus life. Study abroad or stay right here to learn from visiting scholars and international classmates.
- Multidimensional: The best lawyers know how to think like scientists, entrepreneurs, economists, activists, business people, social workers, policy makers, and community leaders. A UC Hastings education explores the law from every angle and application, preparing lawyers and leaders who are dexterous problem-solvers.
UC Hastings Degree Programs
Learn more about each of our academic degree programs.
- J.D. Program: Our flagship three-year law degree
- LL.M. Program: A one-year degree in U.S. Legal Studies for foreign students and attorneys
- MSL Program: A master’s degree in law for health and science professionals
Contact the Admissions Office to find out how UC Hastings’ academic programs can lead you to an uncommonly rewarding legal career.