Students attending other ABA/AALS law schools who have a personal or professional reason to attend UC Hastings, or who would simply like to spend a semester or two of law school in San Francisco, may apply to UC Hastings as Visitors. Visiting Student status is granted to students who enroll for a semester or an academic year at UC Hastings but who will still receive their degrees from their home law schools. Visiting applicants may apply for fall and/or spring terms. The fall semester application deadline is July 1 and the spring semester deadline is November 15.
- Application and $75.00 application fee (submit electronically through the Law School Admission Council Credential Assembly Service (CAS)).
- Personal Statement outlining your reasons for wanting to attend UC Hastings. Submit through the LSAC.
- Two letters of recommendation from law school faculty. Have your letters sent to the LSAC so they can be submitted via the CAS process.
- Official transcript of all your law school work. This must be mailed directly from your current law school to UC Hastings, Office of Admissions, 200 McAllister St., San Francisco, CA 94102
- Letter from current law school indicating that you have permission to visit UC Hastings. This letter should be on your law school's letterhead, signed by your Academic Dean or his/her designee, and sent to the address above
- Résumé. Submit with other application materials through the LSAC.
- An updated CAS report (UC Hastings will request this directly from the LSAC).
Note: For Visitors, financial aid is awarded through the school of origin via a financial aid consortium agreement.
Students admitted to Hastings as Visitors should review the Visiting Student Enrollment Checklist.