The Associated Students of UC Hastings - otherwise known as ASUCH - is the elected student government of UC Hastings and is responsible for representing the interests of the student body. As one of the largest and most active on-campus student organizations at UC Hastings, your elected representatives on the ASUCH Executive Board and General Council:
Stay up-to-date and more by joining the ASUCH Facebook group.
The ASUCH Constitution is the governing document of the Associated Students of UC Hastings (ASUCH). Pursuant to the ASUCH Constitution, any revisions to the document must be approved by two-thirds of those voting in a general election after the proposed changes have been adopted by two-thirds of the General Council of ASUCH. Two-thirds of the General Council have voted to approve these changes and submit them to the Student Body for a vote; now it is up to you and the rest of the Student Body to ratify the proposed changes.
These proposed changes:
- Eliminate rank voting for election of the ASUCH Executive Board and General Council, and change to a simple majority voting system;
- Provide for an MSL representative and the elections procedure for selecting one;
- Eliminate authority that ASUCH does not have pursuant to the Governing Documents of Hastings (e.g. the Constitution discussed ASUCH's procedure for elections regarding increasing, decreasing, or eliminating student fees, however, this is not authority ASUCH has as compulsory fees must be voted on by the Board of Directors);
- Change the number of 2L and 3L representatives be proportional to the reduced class size;
- Update the positions of the E-Board to be accurate depictions of the roles those officers actually fulfill;
- Make language and formatting consistent to clarify the scope of duties and to whom the Constitution is referring with a given provision;
- Eliminate duplicative provisions that include contradictory information (e.g. the section discussing ASUCH elections and the procedures by which the elections are to be conducted); and
- Fix grammatical errors.
To understand the changes the ASUCH Executive Board and General Council have proposed, please refer to the following attached documents: (1) the original ASUCH Constitution (here); (2) the ASUCH Constitution with all proposed revisions incorporated (here); and (3) a track-changed version of the document to see where the primary changes occurred (here). If you have any questions before you vote, please email Joy Siu at email@example.com.
General Council Meetings and Executive Board Meetings are open to the entire student body. (Questions regarding meetings should be directed to Joy Siu at firstname.lastname@example.org).
General Council Meetings are held every other Wednesday, from 6:30-9:00 p.m. Room F (198 Building).
Dates: 1/21, 2/4 (budget meeting), 2/18, 3/4, 3/18, 4/1, 4/15
ASUCH Executive Board Meetings are held every other Wednesday that doesn't fall on a General Council Meeting date, beginning at 7:00 p.m. in the ASUCH office (200 Building, 1st floor).
Dates: 1/14, 1/28, 2/11, 2/25, 3/25
Beer on the Beach "BOB": 1/22, 1/29, 2/12, 2/25 (alumni BOB), 3/26, 4/2
Follow Beer and the Beach on facebook here.
Spring Fling: 4/10 at 8 pm. Tickets go on sale Wednesday, April 1 for $60.
6@6 Alumni/Student Events: Ongoing
"6 at 6" is a social networking program that matches 6 students with an alumnus over dinner and drinks for fun, informal career exploration, and socializing. For more information and to view/sign up to attend a 6@6 event, please click here.
As always, we welcome your involvement! This website is your first stop in learning more about upcoming ASUCH leadership and service opportunities. Attend an upcoming event or contact us! Please send all website questions, comments, and suggestions to the Director of Communications, at email@example.com