You can sign your promissory notes electronically. New Hastings borrowers and continuing borrowers returning from a leave of absence or withdrawal must complete an Online Entrance Loan Counseling session.
- Perkins Loans - you must sign a master promissory note once which will cover all loan advances made to you while at Hastings.
- O'Neill and Hastings Loans - the promissory note must be signed and dated for each loan advance.
Entrance Loan Counseling
Required for new campus-based loans before the first loan advance can be disbursed. Note: this is in addition to the online counseling required for Stafford Loans.
Complete the Online Entrance Loan Counseling
Electronically sign your note
To access your Campus Based Student Loan Promissory Note:
- Disable any pop up blocking software you may be using
- Have your FAFSA pin number available
The Federal Student Aid Program would have mailed this PIN to you after you completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid-(FAFSA).
- To request a duplicate PIN, go to www.pin.ed.gov. It will take up to 3 days if emailed or 7-10 days if mailed to you.
What if I don’t want to sign my note electronically?
- You have the option to print your campus-based loan program promissory note, sign, date and mail it to UC Hastings College of the Law, Attn: Alani Schumacher, 200 McAllister St, San Francisco, CA 94102-4978.