What is iContact
Please contact Andrew Ta to receive an account within iContact. Once you are in the system, this company has excellent enterprise support at the following address:
Technical support & application issues:
firstname.lastname@example.org • ☎ (866) 331-3207
iContact is the email marketing solution to grow your business.
Maximizing your Email Marketing - Templates, Subject lines and Calls to Action
- Provide Email marketing template examples
- Give you ideas that you can implement
- Establish a solid email marketing foundation to build on
Template options - Message Coder
- You can build a message either within iContact, or in an external program like Photoshop, and then place the code directly into the HTML page in a new template.
- iContact design team can help with tweaks, if needed, or if there are any problems with rendering when your template is placed into the application.
Choosing a "From Address"
- Do you open emails from people/organizations you don't recognize?
- From Name should be recognizable
- DoNotReply@organization.com is not a good email to send from
- Neither is Fred@company.com unless you are certain subscribers know who Fred is.
- Goal of a subject line = get recipient to open your email
- Is there Value? Exclusive info or ideas?
- Is there urgency or breaking news?
- Stay under 50 characters. People are busy, and inboxes will chop them off.
- Questions can work well
What makes someone open your message?
Test, test, test those subject lines, and see what works!
Calls to Action
- Call to Action (CTA) means an element that solicits an action from the user
- Typically a visual element
- If you want recipients to do something when they get your email, tell them via CTA
- Grab their attention
- Entice them to click, call, purchase, donate, attend, read, listen, visit, etc..
- Note all of the above words are verbs
- Tell them the action they should take
BUTTONS! Much more effective than hyperlinks in generating clicks because
- They draw attention better
- They are more easily clickable -- Particularly in mobile devices
- Templates should be well branded and be consistent with your website, and any other marketing communication
- Navigation bars are a great way to provide this type of consistency, as well as give contacts more opportunities to click on your message
- Subject lines are a key determinant of whether an email is opened--- what will they gain from opening your message?
- Include a clear Call-To-Action
- Keep content brief. If they want more, they will click to read/see/hear more on your website
- Average open rates vary by industry and audience, but maximizing results requires TESTING!