Faculty can request from IT Helpdesk a new instructor kit which includes a receiver, a clicker and quick reference instructions.
To use TurningPoint please follow these short steps:
A Turning Account is a unique identifier that is used to tie together all software accounts and response devices. A Turning Account is required for use with Turning Technologies products.
9. Click Finish
10. The Turning Account Dashboard is displayed.
Participant lists can be manually created by entering the participant information into TurningPoint, and can be used for PowerPoing Polling, AnyWhere Polling, and Self-Paced Polling.
1. Open TurningPoint and select the Manage tab.
2. Click Participant List and select New.
3. The Create Participant List window will open. Select Create Manually and click Create List.
4. The Participant List Editor is displayed. Double click a cell and enter the participant information.
5. Press Enter on the keyboard to add another participant.
6. When finished, click Save and Close to save the participant list and return to the Participant List Overview screen.
*Please Note: When creating your participant list faculty must obtain the device ID form physical clicker (located on back of device). If students are using digital licenses then faculty must obtain each student's license ID.
Follow the steps below to make changes to an existing participant list.
1. Select the Manage tab.
2. Select a participant list and click Edit Participants.
3. Double click a cell and edit the participant information.
4. To add a participant, click Participant and select Add.
5. To remove a participant, select the participant, click Participant and select Remove.
6. To add a column, click Column and select Add.
7. To remove or edit a column, select the column header, click Column and select Remove or Edit.
8. To use the find or replace feature, click Edit and select Find.
9. Click Save and Close to save the changes and return to the Participant List Overview screen.
QuickStart Guide - This guide provides step by step instructions to set up TurningPoint polling. It will help you to become familiar with all of the basic functions of TurningPoint and its associated use with ResponseWare for both Mac and Windows. There have been a lot of additional features added in the latest version for which this guide will be most helpful in getting started.
Instructions for Session ID. Note: You only need to obtain a session ID if your students are using their laptops or phones.
The below links are the User Guides for ResponseWare on Mobile Devices. Click on the link to download the guide for your device.
If any of these links are not working and for all other user guides, please visit: http://help.turningtechnologies.com/
You may or may not see a screen when logging in to TurningPoint Cloud for the first time asking to set your region as US or International as it relates to the servers. Please Select North/South America. You will not be prompted to select a region again.
New – Fall 2015 – Please note you may see this message when you open TurningPoint Cloud 6.2 and have a receiver plugged in. This may happen on your work, personal and/or classroom computer. It is okay to press “Update License”. The pop-up will disappear and you may continue with your use of TurningPoint Cloud.
Receiver Swap Out
If you have the Turning Technologies Receiver (Gray, RFFF-02) outlined above, please contact the IT Department to be issued a new instructor kit, which includes a new receiver and clicker. The RFFF-02 receiver is not supported with TurningPoint Cloud.
You will want to be working with the Turning Technologies Receiver (RFFF03 and RFFF04) outlined above, which are supported with TurningPoint Cloud.
Review Reports – The asterisk “ * “ in Student Data
When reviewing student data after a class session, you may see the following information in your reports:
*This participant's license is not active or the Turning Account Instructor License does not have enough seats. Individual responses and scores cannot be viewed.
An asterisk “ * “ symbolizes that a student has not redeemed a Turning Account License within their Turning Account. Please Note - the software is still collecting their data for each session, however, you will not be able to review or export the results to your Learning Management System for that student until they have redeemed their Turning Account license code.