UC Hastings College of the Law is committed to making sustainability its priority. As part of campus services, the new garage has partnered with environmentally friendly commuting services like City CarShare. The garage also provides more than thirty bike racks located on the first level, side entrance on Larkin Street.
Please help Hastings in its endeavor to Go Green! Suggestions? Please contact Hastings Greening Program Coordinator Ellen Crosson, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.581.8885.
The Hastings Parking garage is proud to announce a partnership with City CarShare, a Bay Area nonprofit dedicated to making driving sustainable and affordable for San Francisco residents. The Hastings garage will be a City CarShare "pod", with two cars available on a first-come, fist-serve basis. A discounted membership rate is available for UC Hastings students, faculty,and staff.
To find out more about City CarShare and membership benefits, please visit their website.
Bicycle Parking Program
Thanks to the brand new bicycle storage racks on the southside of the Hastings Parking garage, bike riders are able to park daily in this area practically free of charge. More bike racks are available to Hastings students in the bike cage outside the 200 McAllister building.
Hastings affiliates and other patrons, who wish to access the bike racks by the parking garage, must sign up by contacting the Hastings Parking Services for more details.
In order to achieve a successful bike program, there are regulations to be observed and followed.
- Park only on bike racks located on the first level, side entrance of garage on Larkin Street.
- Bikes must be properly locked and secured on racks. Availability of a bike rack is not guaranteed.
- Bicycle owners are responsible for the safety and care of their bikes. Do not leave any item of value, including helmet, bags, books, parcels, etc.
- Bike riders have in/out privilege during the hours of operation of the garage. These hours must be strictly observed.
- Retrieve bicycles before closing time of the garage.
- There is no overnight or weekend parking for bicycles. Bicycles left overnight will be subject to $1.00 per day to a maximum of $50 a day if left abandoned or unclaimed for more than 48 hours. Bicycles will be impounded at owner’s expense.
- Bicycles found parked in any area or space other than the bike racks, including but not limited to, attaching bikes to or beside hand rails or doors, on any stairway inside or outside of the garage, or emergency posts are subject to fines and will be impounded.
- Bicycles that are impounded or removed will be tagged and stored.
- Impoundment fee is $10 per bicycle.
- For bicycles only: Fees must be paid at the Cashier’s office during the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday only. See the Hastings Parking Services Manager or Lead Attendant to claim bicycles after payment of fine.Contact Info.
- Bicycle owners will remain responsible for any damage to bicycle during the removal or impoundment process or for any loss or damage to locking devices.
More coming soon...