STUDY ROOM RULES & REGULATIONS
***Study Rooms are Not To Be Used for Take Home Exams***
Sign-up for study rooms starts Monday, 4/15/13 to begin using the rooms on Saturday, 4/20/13.
(Study Group must be at least 3 or more students to reserve a study room)
To make a request for a study room, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org: (This does not apply to a request for a study room for TODAY)
To reserve a study room for TODAY, stop by the SIC Office to make your request and receive a confirmation immediately. (This is effective starting 4/22/13)
- Provide your first and last name and the first and last name of at least 2 of your group members.
- Provide the date(s), time and room preference. (Check the Study Room Availability Chart for available dates, time and location).
- Please inform if your room preference or time preference is more important. This will help us to select another location or time if your choice is not available. We will do our best to accommodate your preference by selecting the next best room or time.
- Wait for a confirmation e-mail which will arrive no later than 24 business hours.
- Room times are pre-determined 2 hour time blocks coordinating with building hours. Ex: 8am-10am, 10am-12pm, etc...(See Law Library Hours for regular building hours & hours during the holiday break.) Each study group may reserve study space for max of 4 hours (2 consecutive blocks) per day. (SIC reserves the right to limit the study time depending on demands of study space.)
- Please check available rooms & times by clicking the link for either the Library Rooms on the 4th Floor, 5th Floor, 6th Floor or the Seminar Rooms (chart changes daily due to incoming requests).
- Have your confirmation with you when you arrive to the study room.
- Once a study room has been reserved we will not be able to remove the study group unless they have informed us in writing to cancel their reservation. If there is a room that looks available today, your study group may come to the SIC Office to check availability and reserve the space providing no one else has reserved it already.
- If you would like to change or cancel any of your requests, please send an e-mail to email@example.com .
- No smoking or drinking in any study room at all times.
Do not assume you have the study room until you have received a confirmation e-mail.
Note: Library Room 412 is reserved for Dog Therapy. Please visit the Dog Therapy website to get detailed information.
(The SIC office is open Monday through Friday from 8am-4:30pm, therefore study room requests for the weekend should be made within these business hours. Unless a study group can provide a confirmation sheet or e-mail for the study room they reserved, the available study rooms will be open for first come first serve basis during the weekends and weekdays after business hours.)
All the Gold Reading Rooms, 304, 308, 312, 314, 307A, 307C and M120 will be open for first come first serve basis after 7pm & all day Sunday (4/20, 4/27, 5/4). Please do not re-arrange any furniture in room M120. Signs will be posted on next to these rooms on a daily basis if they are available for use. Please make absolutely sure that the signs indicate that the room is free for study sessions on the current day.
***All rules are subject to change by the SIC Office at anytime.***