Students currently attending an ABA/AALS accredited law school are eligible to transfer to UC Hastings. A student must have completed or be in the process of completing at least 24 semester units to be considered for transfer, and may transfer a maximum of 30 semester units. In order to be awarded a UC Hastings J.D., a student must successfully complete a minimum of 56 units while enrolled at UC Hastings as a full-time student for no fewer than four semesters. Transfer applicants may apply for the fall only. The application deadline is July 1.
- Application and $75.00 application fee. Submit electronically via the LSAC Credential Assembly Service (CAS).
- Personal Statement describing background, academic history, professional experience, and personal accomplishments as well as reasons for transferring to UC Hastings. Submit via the CAS.
- Two letters of recommendation submitted through the CAS; preferably from law school faculty.
- Official transcript of all law school work, complete through the spring. This must be mailed directly from your current law school to UC Hastings at the address below.
- Letter of good standing from your current law school written on letterhead and signed by an appropriate law school official (usually an Academic Dean or a Director of Records). The letter should be mailed directly to UC Hastings, Office of Admissions, 200 McAllister St., San Francisco, CA 94102
- Résumé. Submit via the CAS.
- An updated CAS report that includes two current letters of recommendation (UC Hastings will request this directly from LSAC).