Legal blogs, or "blawgs," can be a good source of practical information about current events in the law, or just a way to pass the time while you should be studying! The following links offer serious legal blogs from serious bloggers, and fun blogs for some much-needed humor. If you know of another interesting, funny, or useful legal blog that you'd like to share with your class mates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SCOTUS Blog: Lots of interesting info about cases and all things SCOTUS.
- Barely Legal: For some desperately-needed humor, along with practical advice, about the law school experience.
- Blawg.com: Your source for legal blogs, podcasts, and news feeds.
- Prawfs Blawg: The name says it all. Professors (including Hastings professors) blogging about the law.
- Legal Blog Watch: Coverage of the daily buzz in the legal community.
- California Correctional Crisis: Professor Aviram and Hastings students created and maintain this blog.
- Environmental Legal: Developments in environmental law.
- The Mac Lawyer: Mac-based lawyer gives tips on using Macs, among other law-related subjects.
- New York Legal: A personal injury attorney from New York City blogs about his experiences.
- California Blog of Appeal: California Appellate Attorney blogs about the practice and developments of California's appellate courts.
- Duke University: Duke's guide to legal blogs.
- The Wall Street Journal: WSJ's law blog covers notable legal cases, trends, and personalities of interest in the legal community.
- Wish I Would Have Known: Former students chime in on what they would do differently if they were in law school again.
Other Links of Interest