Travel Funding

When funding is available, the Student Services Office oversees the administration of a limited travel fund for registered student organizations. The fund is intended to assist student leaders with travel expenses to national and regional conferences and meetings for organizations related to the requesting student organization.  Student organizations are generally limited to travel for one conference/event per academic year.

Application Process for 2012-2013 Travel Fund Requests

Funding requests will be considered for registered student organizations only, and the students seeking funding assistance must be members of the sponsoring registered student organization, as well as current UC Hastings students in good academic standing, i.e., not on probation.

Complete the Student Request for Travel Funds Form and Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement. Public interest organizations must complete the Student Request for Public Interest Travel Funds. Hard copies are also available in the Student Services Office.  On the form, explain the type of meeting, importance of attendance, and the estimated expenses.  The request must be submitted to the Director of Student Services by October 1, 2012Requests submitted after this date will be reviewed on a rolling basis as long as funding is still available. Funds are still available, so please submit requests as soon as you can. Decisions regarding allocations will be made shortly after submission- generally within a couple weeks. 

Eligible expenses are limited to registration fees, transportation, and/or lodging.  Refer to the Travel Reimbursement Schedule for allowable reimbursements.  Students must use their own funds to travel and apply for reimbursement in conformity with College policy.  Original receipts are required for any expenses to be reimbursed.  After the travel is completed, please fill out the Travel Reimbursement Form and submit it to Student Services no later than two weeks after the dates of travel.  Be sure to read the Travel Reimbursement Form Instructions.

If a student wants to use his/her own car to travel to the event for which travel funds have been allotted, the student must complete the Authorization to Use Privately Owned Vehicles on State Business (  This form must be submitted to the Director of Student Services at least 2 weeks prior to the date of travel.

(Updated November 19, 2012)